The Huelva region is known internationally for its fresh and delicious fish, seafood, Iberican meats from the southern region of Spain. It's delicious local wines should be tasted while visiting this area of the Costa de la Luz.
Lunch is generally served between 2.00pm and 5.00pm and dinner from 9.00pm until very late - it is not unusual to arrive in a restaurant at midnight and they will happily serve you…
Amongst the tasty local gastronomy, there is nothing better than king prawns or white shrimp to enjoy. Fresh fish such as sole, tuna and seabass, as well as shrimp, paella and calamari are just some of the delicacies that the Huelva region has to offer. Try the Puntillitas, Cocinas and Chocos - in English respectively: Baby squid, Clams and Squid. The meats from the mountainous regions are also delicious, especially the famous Jamon Iberico - Cured Ham. The products are fresh and local, the vegetables are also delicious and are in every dish of this delicate cuisine. Be sure to try the Queso Curado - Cured Cheese. In El Portil and the surrounding area there are many types of restaurants, from casual tapas bars and local seafood restaurants, to fine dining and international cuisine. Here are some of our favourites:
- On the main road in El Portil with a varied menu and setting close to the beach. Children's play area in the garden
The New Coffee
- Irish Bar opposite Las Dunas excellent for a pint of Guinness or afternoon tea and coffee with cakes
- On the road to Huelva approximately 3 miles out of Portil is regarded
as the best restaurant in the area. An extensive menu of both local
and international cuisine with an excellent selection of wines and brandies
as well as the superb service make this an excellent choice for a special
Trattoria Trinacria Pizzeria
- On the road into the resort opposite the football practice areas. One of our favourite places for an inexpensive, quick and friendly service. Open all year round with indoor and outdoor dining, offering a large selection of pasta and pizza as well as sumptuous local seafood.
Agua del Pinos
- Great views with an elevated position over the sea on the main road between Portil and El Rompido. Wide menu, fine wines and competitive prices.
- Next door and just as good!
- There are also several local fish restaurants, ice cream parlours
and bars in an around the golf resort of El Portil as well as mini-markets,
bakeries and patisseries for your everyday needs.
- Between El Portil & El Rompido follow the track from the main road
down to the car park and then the signs to this restaurant and bar.
An idyllic location with theme nights: open long hours throughout the
summer months. A vibrant bar often with live music.
- El Rompido is a beautiful traditional fishing village on the road
to Cartaya from El Portil, where you will also find many excellent bars
- Next to Caribe II with excellent local seafood and good prices.
- English run international sports bar - if you need to catch up on the football scores…! Here you can try English classics such as Steak and Kidney pie and Fish & Chips.
Luz de Mar
- Situated in the commercial area of El Rompido amongst the little fashion boutiques and shops. Up-market chill-out bar with outside seating and views across the marina.
- Well priced Italian food, excellent service.
- International cuisine beautifully situated and an ideal spot for a sundowner. Try their superb fish soup.
Home Page | House
| Golf | Beaches
| Activities | More
| Prices | Links